Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lost and found: I have my Jaguar key


Hooray! I found my Jag key after a long night of worrying. I arrived at the bank early the next morning and had to pace around the titled lobby until they opened.

As soon as the big, thick metal gate raised, I raced up the escalator, took a quick glance at the table where I suspected I had left them. Then I went straight to a teller window.

"Did you find any key," I asked. "Let me check on the table down here." said the teller. "What color are your key," asked the teller. "Jaguar green," I replied as I breathed a sigh of relief.

Sure enough, a good samaritan had found the keys and turned them in to one of the tellers. I told them my story and they couldn't resist the opportunity to fuss at me, like my wife had when she had to drive down to the office the night before to pick me up. They all said I should have had a spare key made years ago.

As a backup plan, I had called the Jag dealership and they could have replaced the key with proof of identity and ownership of the car. It would have cost around $70. But that's only for the key and not the security remote. In addition to getting a security remote from the dealer, they are also available from online retailers.

Anyhow, I'm a happy camper again, with plans to get a spare key made.

No comments: